- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 12-01-2017
10 Pet Safety Tips for the Holidays From Your Winnipeg Veterinarian
At St. Norbert Animal Hospital, our veterinarian in Winnipeg offers a wide range of services for your pet from routine care to emergency care and everything in between. With the holidays quickly approaching, our animal hospital also thought now would be a good time to review some important safety tips for your pets and your house guests.
Holiday Pet Safety Tips From Our Animal Hospital
1. Ask guests not to feed any table scraps to your pets; some "human foods" can be toxic to pets.
2. Keep pets in a separate room while entertaining if you're not sure how they'll act around unfamiliar faces.
3. Keep an eye on small children to ensure they don't startle your pet, which could lead to an attack/accident.
4. Make sure all exterior doors to your home are closed after a guest has entered or exited to avoid lost pets.
5. Double check that your pet is microchipped and all contact information is up-to-date.
6. Introduce your pet carefully to new people, making sure they approach each other slowly and with care.
7. Talk to your vet about anti-anxiety medications or other solutions for pets that get overly-anxious over new guests.
8. Make sure all holiday food is kept out of reach of your pets, and tell your guests this as well.
9. Let your guests know ahead of time if you have pets, as they may have allergies.
10. Remember that the holidays can be a stressful time for some pets. Make sure your pet receives plenty of attention and love before and after you host a holiday event in your home.
Questions? Call Our Winnipeg Vet Today!
A little bit of caution can go a long way in protecting your pets and your guests this holiday season! If you have any questions or if your pet needs care, be sure to call our Winnipeg vet today at (204) 800-5922.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.